Bates




 

Carbon Monoxide Safety

Despite cost-of-living rises, you should never cut back on essential servicing and maintenance of gas appliances because of the serious dangers associated with Carbon Monoxide.

The silent, odourless killer can creep through a home via a malfunctioning boiler or cooker and can be the cause of serious illness or tragically on some occasions, death.

Carbon monoxide problems can be easily averted by ensuring appliances are safety checked on a regular basis. Having gas appliances serviced and maintained is the only way to guarantee that they are in full working order and any dangers are avoided. But this work must - without exception - be carried out by a CORGI registered engineer.

It is imperative that homeowners never allow anyone who is not CORGI registered to carry out work on their gas appliances. CORGI engineers are gas experts who have undergone extensive training to qualify for registration. They go to great lengths to make sure that all gas appliances are correctly installed, serviced and properly ventilated so that they are safe and function efficiently. Not only does this ensure safety, but also optimum energy efficiency.

Make a note in your diary for the same date every year: boiler service and gas safety check by Bates Heating & Plumbing Limited.